Preventing Theft From Auto
This is one of the most common types of crime in Delta. Police do patrols to prevent this crime from occurring, but officers can’t be everywhere all the time.
Follow the simple steps below can help us dramatically reduce thefts from auto
• Remove valuables from your vehicle
• If you have to leave valuables in your vehicle, keep them out of sight
• Wait for garage door gates to close behind you / keep your garage door opener out of sight
• Use an electronic immobilize or steering wheel lock
• Lock the doors
• Do not store a spare key in your vehicle
• Park in secure well-lit areas and if you have a garage, use it.
• Do not leave your garage door opener on the visor or in plain sight
• Following the 9 pm routine